GVK Biosciences Awarded Confederation of Indian Industry EHS Excellence Award 2016
July 12, 2016
Hyderabad, India — July 12, 2016 — GVK BIO, one of Asia’s leading life sciences services organisation, today announced that it has won the 3 STAR rating Award at the Confederation of India Industry (CII)-EHS Excellence Awards 2016 (Southern Region) for demonstrating best in class Environmental, Health and Safety practices.
The Award was conferred to the company for the EHS practices followed at its Mallapur Research and Development facility in Hyderabad. A total of 116 companies were assessed and GVK BIO was among the 46 companies that was selected for Best Practices in EHS.
An onsite audit of the GVK BIO Research and Development facility, Mallapur was conducted by the CII assessor and was further evaluated by the CII jury board members to determine Excellence in EHS performance. The following were the assessment parameters:
- EHS policy deployment measures and effectiveness
- EHS implementation is aligned with relevant standards and is coherent
- EHS objectives, targets & responsibilities
- On-site assessment – Safety, Occupational Health and Environment
- Statutory and legal compliance
- EHS risk assessment
- EHS training SOP, man hours and effectiveness
- Employee involvement in EHS
- Behaviour initiatives related to EHS
- Resource conservation methods,
- Water conservation methods
- On-site emergency response system
About GVK BIO
GVK Biosciences (GVK BIO) is Asia’s leading Integrated Discovery Research and Development organization. GVK BIO provides a broad spectrum of services across the R&D and manufacturing value chain that include Discovery, Development, Contract manufacturing and Formulations R&D. GVK BIO’s diverse portfolio of more than 350 customers includes some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agro, life science companies and leading academic institutions.